Friday, January 25, 2013

Back to Disneyland

  More pictures from our Disney adventure! On our second day in Disneyland we headed straight to meet Merida as soon as the park opened, we were the first ones to say hello to her! Her three brothers were even there for us to say hello to.  The kids were pretty excited to see this Scottish princess!   
Merida's meet and greet is right next to It's a Small World which was all decorated for Christmas and was so fun and festive!  They had wreaths from all over the world







 We spent a large majority of the afternoon in Toon Town, I haven't been to that part of the park since when my parents took us as kids when it was a brand new addition to the park!  I actually kind of forgot that it was even a part of Disneyland.  It was fun to go back and rediscover everything they have there.  And of course, the Christmas decorations were fun.




We had fun touring through Mickey's house and then getting to meet him in his studio at the end

Then we toured through Minnie's cute house and took pictures with her and her back porch






Goofy's crazy house


After some time in Toon Town, I split off from the Griffins to go shopping with my gift card and to take some pictures of the all decorated New Orleans Square!















And look who I happened upon right next to the Haunted Mansion ... none other then the one and only Tom Hanks!  He was having family time, so he was trying to stay under the radar and not talk to or take pictures with fans.  So I tried to be as sneaky as possible to get a picture of him, I did get in trouble for it, but it was worth it.  Here he is taking a picture of his cute little grand baby with his phone. I couldn't help but think it would be pretty awesome if he dressed up in the Woody costume and greeted everyone since he is the original voice of that character.
After my awesome star sighting, I headed back to the hotel for a nap.  When it was time for dinner, I met up with the Griffins and we walked back to the park all together.  Tonight we had reservations to dine at Cafe Orleans, one of my favorite dining spots.  The square was completely magical all lit up at night!




I couldn't help but order the Monte Cristo, it really is the best sandwich in the entire world!

For dessert we got an order of beingets to share.  I love love love beingets!

After dinner we attempted to ride as many rides as we could before the park closed.  We got in quite a few and ran from ride to ride all the way up until the park was officially closed.

We happened to be riding the space ships in tomorrow land during the time they were having their big parade!  We had a pretty good view as we soared around and around.



No comments:

Post a Comment