Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Cowboy dinner and rodeo


After spending the day learning all about Buffalo Bill and the wild west, we continued the cowboy theme with a fun dinner at our hotel. We were each given our own brightly colored cowboy hat and had the option of choosing a silly mustache to go along with it. The kids thought that was the coolest thing ever.







After a delicious BBQ dinner, we loaded up the bus and headed to the Cody Rodeo! I love rodeos, and was so excited to see one in Wyoming!





 






I was surprised to learn that many members of the family had never been to a rodeo! I absolutely love rodeos and try to go to as many as I can during rodeo season in Utah. It was exciting to share something I love so much with those who had never been before!











As much as I love everything county and cowboy, I hadn't ever really owned a cowboy hat, let a lot an official nice when. So I treated myself to this beautiful Stetson hat from the Buffalo Bill museum gift store. I love it so much!



The sunset that night was so gorgeous and dramatic, the perfect backdrop for a night at the Cody Rodeo.








During half time, they had all the kids who wanted to participate in a game gather in the arena. Nora, Evie and Will went from our group.


There were two calves and each had a ribbon tied on it's tail. Whoever got one of the ribbons won a prize!


Nora ended up getting one of the ribbons!




I always love the barrel racing events.




Bull riding is always the last event in a rodeo, its so exciting and intense, I get so nervous for the cowboys!





No comments:

Post a Comment