Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Valentine Tea 2018


Hosting our annual Valentine Tea party was extra fun this year, as it was the first Valentine's day in my new house! This is the third home I have hosted this annual party in, I began in my Arlington apartment in Provo, then hosted several parties in my rented space in Traverse Mountain, and now begins the new era of hosting parties in my very own home!

The theme for this year's tea was Disney Princesses. I had been wanting to do a Disney themed tea party for several years, but couldn't ever come up with ideas that I loved. I don't love the super cheesy Disney things, so I was trying to figure out how to do an elegant Disney party.








For the table decor, I used items that represented several different princesses, but they were items that I already had around my home. When my guests started arriving, I had them walk around the table and try to guess all the princesses that were represented, there were 10. 

Cinderella was the easiest the recognize, I had bought this opalescent horse at Disney on Ice, and then the Madison's had brought this adorable popcorn bucket home for me from one of their trips to Disney. I centered the entire party around these two items.



Flamingo, teapot, topsy-turvy tea cups, white rabbit silhouette & pocket watch = Alice in Wonderland


Magic lamp = Jasmine 


Bejeweled apples = Snow White


Frog and swamp greens = Tiana 


Vienne was enchanted with the frog




Ocean wave & rooster = Moana 


Sea shells, telescope & Dinglehopper = Ariel 


This one was a little more obscure and was worth bonus points if any of the guests guess it....
Carousel = Mary Poppins
(Yes, I know not all these ladies are technically Disney princesses, but they are all welcome at the party)


And as always, candy dishes mixed in among all of the decor!


I had crowns for guests to wear if they felt so inclined. Most of these crowns I got while visiting Disneyland Paris.

Clock, books & candle sticks = Belle


Official Disney Rapunzel crown 




All dressed up and ready to party!


Guests arrived in their best Princesse attire




Jenny makes a perfect Rapunzel, which happens to be her favorite princess.







The Menu 

An assortment of Tea Sandwiches
* Jam and Cream Cheese
*Chicken and fruit salad

Raspberry and Almond Butter English Muffin Tarts

Chocolate muffins (gluten free)

Jello and Cream Parfaits 













After lunch, we played Disney Monopoly, colored Art Nouveau princess pages, and watched the new Beauty and the Beast movie  










Playing amongst the stars



For dessert we had gluten free vanilla bean cupcakes topped with edible glitter, each served in their very own royal carriage.





For their party favors, each guest got to pick out a glass slipper filled with a princess chapstick and a matching princess nail polish





I had so much fun putting this party together! I love this annual family tradition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment