Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Mothers Day & Fathers Day 2019



This post is slightly out of order, oops! We had a wonderful time celebrating our amazing parents this year for Mothers and Fathers day. For Mother's day. we combined it with mom's birthday since they are rather close to each other, we took mom out to a fun brunch at Sweet Lake Biscuits and Limeade. I had heard such amazing things about this place and had been wanting to try it for such a long time, so I was thrilled to finally know what all the hype was about.

We all ordered different kinds of limeade, and they were all so delicious


I got the Titanic Biscuit for my entree and it was southern food heaven.


Baby Monty got to join the gals for our outing, he was so little and brand new!


Then we took mom shopping at Decades, she had heard about this fabulous, one-of-a-kind store but hadn't ever been there. It is the funnest place to spend time browsing through all the amazing clothes from past decades. Bethy got a beautiful sparkly top that is reminiscent of a mermaid that she thought would be perfect for Vienne's mermaid themed birthday that was coming up.


The following Sunday we celebrated Mom with the rest of the family. Mom's favorite color is red so when we asked Backer's what kind of red flowers they could do on her cake, they said they do a special rose cake that is covered with red and pink roses. Throughout all the years we have been getting Backer's cakes (it's been about 40 years) we hadn't ever gotten one with roses.

The cake was absolutely stunning, the perfect cake for such an amazing mother.


Beth and I brought fresh flowers to decorate the table and to match the cake


Happy Birthday/ Happy Mother's day Mom! 
Words could never express how much I love you and how much I appreciate all you have done and continue to do for our family. You are marvelous and I love you with all my heart.





Later in the month we got to celebrate dad for Father's Day! Dad and I have a tradition of going out to dinner and to the Salt Lake Arts Festival for his Father's Day gift, we always have so much fun. We try to check out new, unique restaurants downtown for dinner, this year we checked out Veneto.

Veneto is the cutest fancy Italian restaurant on 9th south. It is owned and operated by a cute couple, the husband was born and raised in Verona Italy, one of my favorite places I visited during my trip a few years ago. The food is focused on the cuisine in the Veneto region in Northern Italy.



The service and food were outstanding, I felt like I had been transported back to Italy. For an appetizer we got cheesy gnocchi to share and it was amazing, so buttery and creamy. I forgot to document our main courses, but they were deluxe.


Then it was off to the Arts Festival! We have our favorite booths we like to keep an eye out for, one being the scientist that creates the most gorgeous works of art by magnifying different minerals in a powerful microscope, which creates vibrant, colorful, abstract images. I didn't get any photos from his booth this year, but I have posted about them before. We make sure to stroll past all the booths and take in all the amazing creativity of the artists.



We always make sure to stop by the dessert kabob booth to get these magnificent, chocolate covered masterpieces for dessert. They offer a few different options, my favorite is the strawberry and brownie combo. One year we got a full slice of cheesecake on a stick that was completely covered in chocolate! It is such a fun tradition.




We got to watch the sunset while strolling through the booths, and it was gorgeous.





I love both my parents so much, and celebrate the fact that they are my parents every, single day. I'm glad there are designated days where we get to show our love, gratitude and appreciation we feel everyday for them and the family they have worked hard to create and every opportunity and amazing memory they have given us. I love you Mom and Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment