Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Tradesman & Prudential Center Skywalk Observatory



During our stay in Boston, we had breakfast at the Tradesman everyday, it was a fancy little coffee shop that was attached to our hotel. Eating breakfast here, was a highlight of our stay in Boston, their food was so delicious and creative, I always looked forward to starting our days here.


Any attempt I was doing to stay on Keto as much as possible during this trip went completely out the window during the few days we were in Boston, and that is all due to the Tradesmen, their pastry and breakfast sandwich offerings were just too enticing to pass up. I got one of their giant, buttery croissants every single day, those are my favorite pastry. Delicious croissants always remind me of my mom, she has a deep love for them too, so I feel like it is a special, little indulgence bond that we share.

On the first day I tried out their specialty breakfast sandwich, which is outlined in the picture above, it was just as good as I wanted it to be, nay, it was better! I especially loved the breakfast mayo, I'm not even sure what that even includes, but it added this creamy, tangy vibe that just complimented the other flavors so well.


The boys really loved their giant homemade pop tarts, there were different, unique flavors every morning. 


I even tried one out one day, I got the strawberry, lavender, rose one, I can't ever resist a floral flavored treat.



I was also so intrigued by their specialty flavored croissants, they always looked so fun and festive and I was tempted to try one out, but I just always went with a plain one because those are pretty hard to beat. I was concerned the flavored ones wouldn't live up to their expectations...


The first day we were in Boston, we all had breakfast together, then the family took off to explore a children's museum and I stayed at the hotel for a rest day. Even though we were driving most of the day yesterday, for some reason I was just totally wiped out from it. Travel days, no matter what they consist of, just always leave me wasted. 

In the evening, we all met up for dinner. I had helped Karin find some restaurants to make reservations at for some of our meals along the trip. Some of them were really good, and were perfect for what we needed, others were not.... so I feel like I kind of did a hit or miss job on my assignment. But I am happy to say, The Cafeteria, was one of the best of the ones that I suggested.

I'm not sure where the name comes from because it doesn't fit the ambiance and quality of food of this place at all. This eatery is charming and had such delicious and fresh food, one of the boys even said it was his favorite meal of the trip, I consider that high praise!




I took an Uber over from the hotel and was the first to arrive, they were super nice and still seated me even though I was the only one out of our party of 10 that was there. It took the rest of the family a long time to arrive, and my server was great at checking in on me. So, I ordered a few (virgin) drinks while I waited. I always love a Moscow Mule (again, sans alcohol) and this one came served in the prettiest Moscow Mule mug I have ever seen!


Will and Mom share a love for wienerschnitzel, Will was in heaven when we visited Vienna a couple of summers ago, he ordered it for pretty much every meal while we were there. This entree was actually Chicken Milanese, but mom promised Will it would taste exactly like wienerschnitzel, and it did and look at how Will was. He was the one that said this was his favorite meal.


I got a steak salad, I still did Keto every once in a while ... Steak salads are my favorite, and if they are on a menu I will most likely order one. This one came with goat cheese and avocado and a thick balsamic glaze-like dressing, it was delightful.


The dinner entertainment that night was the boys trying to find the cutest pokemon to show me. They would find one they thought I might think was cute and then I would decide if it made it into the top three cutest or not. This kept them entertained for a looooong time. They showed me a lot of cute pokemon, but I was firm on only really liking about three of them. I love hanging out with my nephews so much, I love that they accept and embrace the fact that I really love cute animals. They always make sure to point out any animal they saw as we walked around the cities, John always sends me cute animal videos on instagram, Thomas and James ask to watch hamster videos with me, and now we can add searching for the cutest pokemon to the list of ways they accept me, they are the best.



After dinner, we walked from the restaurant to the Prudential Center, where we viewed the city lights from the Skywalk Observatory. The sun was setting on our walk, so we got gorgeous views of the cotton candy skies.




We made it to the observatory just in time to catch the tail end of the sunset.





No comments:

Post a Comment