Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Family Halloween Party 2017



Happy Halloween! This year's family halloween bash was attended by Hogwarts students, merfolk, and a pompous little crab.

The Griffin clan, along with mom and dad, made up the Hogwarts crew. Evie was Ginny, Sam was Harry, Mike was Neville, Nora was Hermoine, Sadie was Crookshanks, Jenny was Luna, Dad was a generic Griffindor student, Mom was a generic hufflepuff student, and sweet Dories was Dumbledore aka dumbledorie.










The Madison family came as characters from The Little Mermaid and they looked amazing. Reece is King Triton, Beth is Ursula and V is, of course, Ariel.


I hadn't decided on a costume, and was brainstorming with Beth and V one night and V said I needed to be Sebastian the Crab. At first I was like, haha no lets think of something else. But she was pretty adamant about it, and since I hadn't thought of anything else I wanted to be, I figured, why not?

I made myself a headband/headress with lots of crabby details and big cartoon eyes. I dressed in all red with nautical jewelry accents. When I was at the craft store buying some of the supplies needed for my headband, I noticed a pair of claw oven mitts in the dollar section, and I couldn't resist getting them for a silly addition to my costume.




Sebastian and Ursula, Ariel's conscience and bad influence.







I always love to see what Jenny has put together for her festive buffets. She always comes up with the most adorable halloween dishes.








For our after dinner activity, we watched the incredibly adorable Kiki's Delivery Service. Most of us had heard about it and seen it's super cute merchandise in novelty stores, but none of us had actually ever seen it. It's about a cute little witch in training who has a sassy, talking cat.

It was the perfect halloween party, thanks Griffins!



No comments:

Post a Comment