Monday, April 8, 2019

Sailing in Bar Harbor


While in Bar Harbor, we stayed at the charming Bar Harbor Inn, which is located harbor side in the heart of Bar Harbor overlooking Frenchman Bay and the Porcupine Islands. The Inn was all dressed up for fall which added to its cozy welcoming ambiance.









All our rooms had gorgeous views of the bay!




On our first full day in Bar Harbor, we began the day with a relaxing cruise around the bay in the Margaret Todd, the only working 4 masted schooner on the East Coast.





It was docked right behind our hotel, so we got beautiful views of the Bar Harbor Inn as we sailed away.




I absolutely love sailing and could spend hours out on the water.





Our sail was about 2 hours long. They served us fancy drinks and gave a little commentary about the area, and the islands we sailed by. We also got plenty of time to feel the wind and sun on our face and soak in the sound of the ship sliding through the water, it was a marvelous morning.



When we got back to shore, we had a lovely lunch awaiting us in the dinning room of our hotel which over looks the bay and the Margaret Todd.



Blueberry Pie! Everything in Maine is blueberry flavored and I love it.


After lunch and a nap, I went for a walk on the walking trail behind our hotel, that winds along the water's edge. It was getting to be that magical time of day, when the sun is beginning to set and casts a golden light over everything and there was a crisp, autumn chill in the air and some of the trees were beginning to change color, it was a very memorable, and lovely moment in time.


I passed by several Hairy Woodpeckers on my walk, I can't recall if I had ever seen a woodpecker in person before, if so, I hadn't ever been able to get as close as I was that day. They are really adorable little birds.







When it had gotten a little too dark and cold to keep walking, I went up to my room and watched the rest of the sunset from my balcony. It faded from vibrant yellows and golds, to a cooler purple and pink.






No comments:

Post a Comment