Thursday, September 5, 2019

Mama & Baby



While I was at the Humane Society visiting some of the kitties, I signed up to be foster volunteer. The  Humane Society often needs volunteers to foster animals who are sick, need a little extra love, or are too young to be adopted. My first assignment was a mama guinea pig that had just had a baby, guinea pigs need to be at least three weeks old before they can be adopted, so I got these cute little guys for three whole weeks.



When I picked them up, the baby was two days old! He was so tiny, it was hard to believe he was real. I decided not to give them names and just call them Mama and Baby.





Mama was the absolute sweetest, she was so calm and loved to snuggle and she was also an excellent mom, she took such good care of Baby.




My family all wanted to come and meet my sweet foster fluffs. As foster volunteers we are encouraged to introduce our foster pets to as many people as possible, so that they will be better adoption candidates.










They loved snuggling up under my chin and into my hair. They were constantly making the cutest little squeaking noises like guinea pigs do



I had these little cuties over the Easter holiday, so I had a fun little photo shoot with them to get some cute photos for my business instagram account.







It was crazy to watch Baby grow, he grew like a weed! He got noticeably bigger every day.











When the three weeks were over, I returned Mama and Baby to the Humane Society and hoped they get adopted to loving homes. Here is a comparison between the day I picked Baby up to the day I dropped him off. It's hard to tell his size in pictures, but he about tripled in size!

This was such a fun experience fostering these sweet animals until they were ready to be adopted! I loved having guinea pigs as temporary pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment