Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Birthday Celebrations


I love having my birthday at the end of October, the weather is always gorgeous, there are always fun things to do and yummy things to eat. I love making a big deal out of my birthday, but hate being center of attention. So, my ideal birthday is hanging out with close friends and family and eating good food and having a relaxing fun time together. When I woke up, my sweet roommate Katie had left some flowers, a volcano candle and a cute note! It was such a fun and thoughtful surprise!

For lunch, I met up with my sisters from another mister, Angie and Lu, for lunch at Waffle Love. I hadn't ever been to one of their store locations, I had only visited their trucks, and I was so excited to try out their savory waffle creations, especially the chicken and waffles cause I knew they were going to get my favorite southern dish right


We also got a few sweet waffles to share, cause they are just too good to pass up. We got, nutella, strawberry and cream, pumpkin spice, and lemon curd, raspberry and cream. They were all so delicious!


Then we drove back to Lu's house for a halloween movie afternoon. On our way back to her place, Lu showed me this amazingly decorated house that is down the street from her. They have created a fun little drive through experience with so many silly scenes to see.


The skeleton dog walker was one of my favorites.



We choose to watch Ghost Busters 2, which I didn't know existed until that afternoon. I was SHOCKED there was a sequel to one of my favorite halloween/80s movies that I didn't know about! It is giggles and pretty good for a sequel, but as usual, wasn't quite as good as the original. 

Part way through the movie, Angie and Lu disappear downstairs and reemerge with a pan full of box made brownies, my FAV! with the cutest golden birthday candles in it


They sang a quick happy birthday, as the candles were melting fast. Lu was taking a cute video but I thought she was taking a photo so I waited a really long time to blow out at candles, eventually she let me know it was a video not a picture so then I couldn't stop cry laughing long enough to blow them out. These are stills from the video.



The pack of candles they got also didn't have an R, but it had an extra B which gave us all a good giggle. This whole situation was so cute, silly and endearing to me.


A few days after my birthday, this wonderful crew surprised me with a mini road trip to the Big Red Barn in Santaquin to get some of their famous apple cider donuts and apple cider slushies. We had heard about both of these yummy treats on our drive down to Lake Powell in August when we made a stop at the barn to pick up some cherries for the boat, and we said we definitely had to come back in the fall to try them out.


They were SO DELICIOUS! and a hot commodity, we got the last box of donuts and watched as a couple of people had to be turned away because they were sold out!


The apple cider slushy was everything I wanted it to be. You can either get it just straight up, or get it mixed with vanilla soft serve. I got mine mixed and it was the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, cold and creamy.



The Sunday following my birthday was the celebration with the family. My mom always creates the most festive tables capes for all family dinners, but she goes the extra mile for holidays. She is the best!



The Halloween Backers cakes are always a highlight of everyone's entire year. They are jam pack full of every halloween decoration you can think of.



The skeleton in the cauldron is always our favorite part, the attention to detail is astounding.


My dad's birthday is two days after mine and I love getting to share the family celebration with him. Neither of us like to be center of attention, so sharing the day is perfect for both of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment