Sunday, May 16, 2021

February Holidays 2021


We had fun celebrating all of the holidays in February this year. 

We were inspired by Honey the Valentine elf and really got into the valentine season. We had several baking days, and made lots of adorable treats. Above are candy chocolates we made ourselves using supplies that Diane gave Vienne in one of her special pen pal packages.

Mom had had this recipe for these whipped shortbread cookies on the cupboard since Christmas, we finally got around to trying them and put a fun valentine twist on them with some adorable heart shaped sprinkles.






They were a really interesting cookie, they melted instantly in your mouth and tasted just like buttery shortbread. They were tasty, but decadent.


Another day we frosted some cookies from the store, they turned out so cute!



Sydney, who has been nannying Vienne and Monty, would often bring us homemade macarons and they were always so perfect. Since it is my dream to be able to make delicious macarons, I went over to her house one day so she could teach me how it's done.

This was my first attempt trying them out on my own using Syd's recipe and her tips and tricks, they actually turned out really well! I was beyond thrilled and sooooo excited!





I wanted to make a raspberry filling, I tried a buttercream version and a cream cheese version and I didn't like either of them, they just tasted like powdered sugar to me. Luckily the family thought they were yummy enough to help me eat them, the recipe makes about 70 cookies!



We even bought fun valentine treats from different places, these gorgeous danishes are from the french bakery on 33rd south, in the little strip mall by REI. We would go to that bakery often to get yummy croissant sandwiches and delicious pastries during January and February. 


In addition to valentines, we also had a mini mardi gras celebration. Our sweet Carr sisters dropped off this amazing king cake as a fun little surprise. Mom, Dad, Beth, the kids and I ate the whole cake while we watched princess and the frog. I was in heaven, so many of my favorite things.



We also celebrated Chinese New Year one evening. We got take out from David's Kitchen and Beth and the kids decorated the table. V painted the large, gold Chinese letters on the table runner, she did an amazing job.




We used my parents' stunning Chinese plates that they bought during their trip to China when they were very first married.



February has so many fun holidays! I'm so glad we got to celebrate them all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment