Thursday, November 3, 2022

Art Festival 2022


Dad and I have a tradition of going out to dinner and to the Arts Festival together as my Fathers Day present to him. Dad loves Italian food, so I always try to find a new Italian place to take him.This year we checked out the new location of Cafe Molise, we were both blown away by how gorgeous it is inside!



After looking over the menu, there were so many things we wanted to try, everything sounded so delicious.

We decided to get Ravioli con Zucca as an appetizer
Butternut squash ravioli in a garlic brown butter sauce topped with Asiago cheese and balsamic reduction.
It was absolutely divine, we both loved it.


For my main course, I decided to be adventurous and order something other than chicken, so I got the Arista.
Spice-rubbed and oven-roasted pork tenderloin with a black mission fig compote. Served with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
I'm so glad I decided to be bold and branch out, this dish was incredible.


For dessert, we shared the Hazelnut Mousse Cake
Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse layered between a shortbread crust and dark chocolate ganache topping.
It was heaven.

This may have been my favorite meal of all the places we had tried over the years!


Then we headed over to the party, the Salt Lake Arts Festival.
Dad and I started going to this festival in 2016, it has grown and changed a lot since then. It's exciting to see such a fun festival grow in popularity.

We started with the booths by the library, when we started coming the booths hadn't expanded outside the grounds of the City and County building.


I love when artists get creative with their booth design.



This artist was our favorite of everything we saw the entire night. They blended classical and whimsical so beautifully. I tried so hard to think of a place I could hang one of these in my home so I could justify buying one, unfortunately I couldn't come up with a place.






We were also super intrigued by this next artist's work. It was very surreal and dreamlike.











This artist creates masterpieces out of old computer keys, kind of like a modern version of pointillism.





Even though we got dessert at Cafe Molise, we HAD to get the strawberry and brownie kabobs, it's tradition! We look forward to this treat every year.



This amazing artist, creates the most abstract and fascinating clocks. Dad was mesmerized by their unique design and their creative mechanisms. I hadn't ever seen anything like them, they were works of genius.










We love coming across artists that we have seen in previous years, most of the booths were new this year, we didn't recognize a whole lot. But we can always count on our favorite scientist turned artist to be there!  We look for Lee Hendrickson's booth every year because his art is truly one of a kind. He photographs crystals magnified under a microscope.


The crystals come from every day things like red wine or aspirin. 

This colorful image is of crystalline found in TCH.


While this image looks exactly like a snow covered forest, it is actually crystalline acetaminophen found in Tylenol.


We find his work endlessly fascinating.


We were also intrigued by these planters. They hold "air plants" that don't require any soil.



We saw every booth and stayed until closing time.
I love this special one on one time with my dad and how it has become a tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment