Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Bear Lake Part 1


This year I finally made it to Bear Lake!! I had wanted to visit for years and it felt like I was one of the only people in Utah that hadn't been. I was so excited!!!

Our first stop once we pulled into town was Zipz. I had read all about how this is the most popular eatery in town and I couldn't wait to check it out. It is a super cute place.





I tried out the Bear Lake Munster Burger

Raspberry jalapeno jelly, boursin,  muenster cheese,
fresh jalapeno, tomato, onion

I got it gluten free style without the bun and served on a bed of lettuce. It was sooooo good, the raspberry jalapeƱo jelly was so delicious. 

We also got a raspberry dole whip to share.




After dinner, we headed over to our Airbnb. I absolutely loved this place. It was so cozy and comfortable, it fit all four of us so well, and it had the most gorgeous view of the lake.







Beth and the kids shared this room. They each got their own double bed, it was so perfect for them.


This was my room, it was like heaven. So spacious and comfortable, with its own balcony and stunning view of the lake. I loved coming home to this place.




The next day we had a relaxing morning. We all slept in and had a leisurely breakfast on our back patio.

I was obsessed with sweet potato hash waffles at the time. I brought all the ingredients and my own little waffle maker so I could enjoy them every morning.




After breakfast, we took our time getting ready and then packed up the car to head to the beach!

We always went to Rendezvous Beach


We set up a little camp with yoga mats, chairs and umbrellas.




V played in the sand and collected seashells when she wasn't playing in the water.


We always loved when we could meet any of the cute beach doggos.



On our way to the beach, we made a quick stop at Moose Buns, and itty bitty drive through coffee place. I had heard Beth and the kids rave about these raspberry cinnamon rolls, they were one of the things I was most excited to try.

We grabbed one raspberry and one regular cinnamon roll and enjoyed them on the beach. They lived up to the hype.



We lasted at the beach for about an hour. The afternoon wind kicked up and kept blowing over our little umbrellas and getting sand in our eyes. We noticed pretty much everyone else at the beach had those big tents that were much more stable and they could lower when the wind got strong. So, we packed up and made plans to be more prepared next time ...

We headed back to our airbnb, got cozy, watched Turning Red and took naps. Turning Red was the kids movie of choice and we literally watched nothing else for the 4 days we were there.



After a wonderfully relaxing afternoon at home, we headed back to the beach for a sunset picnic dinner.


We were the only ones on the beach, which was amazing. Since Zipz was the only place we could find with a drive through, we went there for dinner again.




The kids couldn't wait to get back in the water, which was surprising cause it's really cold, especially when there isn't any warm sun to heat up back up when you get out. I tried getting in with them after dinner and it was too cold for me!






That white line along the shore is made up of tiny seashells!



Eventually, the kids got cold and wanted to get bundled up in towels and blankets.









Even though we didn't get in the water, Beth and I wanted to get bundled too. We didn't realize we were twinning until we pulled our hoods up, we often accidentally match.


Being the only ones on the beach and watching the sunset was so peaceful. I loved sitting close to the water and listening to the gentle lapping of the waves. This is my happy place.






Mont was finally interested in eating. We had ordered him mac and cheese and it was so delicious, Beth and I couldn't stop "sampling" it.



The rest of our time at the lake is in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment