Thursday, December 19, 2019

Family Halloween Party 2018




This halloween, one of Bethy's holiday wishes came true. She has wanted to be the Sanderson Sisters for halloween for years! She first got the idea when she had started dying her hair red, and I was still dying my hair black, so it was perfect because we each had the perfect hair color and we knew exactly which sister we would all be. 

It took us a few years to get it together, but it finally happened this year and it looked amazing! We rented our outfits from Hale Theater in Orem. It was so fun to spend the afternoon in the magical costume rental place, looking at all the fun possibilities for costumes. We told them we wanted to be the Sanderson Sisters and were looking for outfits that looked kind of witchy that were in the same colors as our assigned characters. The staff at the costume place nailed it, we only had to try on one outfit each and it all worked out perfectly!



Reece and V came as the kitty and human form of Thackery Binks from the movie 







Bethy had taken this amazing photo of her and her amazing black kitty Dubie before coming to the party.



Mike came as Shaggy from Scooby Do and Dorie was his Scooby. Sam was Stampy cat, Nora was a black kitty, Marolyn was a jester and Evie was the 10th Doctor from Doctor Who.





We had quite a few kitty costumes this year!



Mom was a leopard and dad was a tourist 



Dad played his character very well


The neighbors dog came out to play while we were out front taking pictures. He is the cutest puppy ever!


I always love Jenny's party buffets, she makes the cutest food.










She is also an amazingly talented baker! And all her cakes are gluten free!



Just a few more photos, we really wanted to make sure we documented these costumes well.




My outfit had the most epic sleeves!


Since I don't dye my hair black anymore (thank goodness I got over that phase, I think it looks much better closer to my natural color...) we spray painted my hair black and purple. Then we used a party hat and some wire to concoct this unique hairdo. I am proud to say that is all my real hair! We didn't have to add in any extensions or anything!


The famous Mary facial expression.




Then it was time to eat! Such yummy food, and the witches brew was so delicious!



After dinner I changed into some comfies and gave Oliver some snuggles, he has the cutest face! 


For the activity the family headed to Evermore to check out what it had going on for Halloween while I headed to the airport for my birthday trip to Disney World and Mickey's Halloween Party!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment