Thursday, December 5, 2019

Pearl Seas Great Lakes Cruise


In September of 2018, my parents and I took a small ship cruise around the Great Lakes. We started in Chicago and took a 7-night voyage through the great lakes, which is the largest freshwater ecosystem in the world, and ended in Toronto, Canada


We sailed on the Pearl Mist, which is part of the the Pearl Seas fleet, it was a nice, comfortable ship that was easy to navigate since it was a smaller vessel.





We didn't have an assigned table for dinner like you often do on cruises, but we would try to get in the same section every night, so we because good friends with some of the wait staff in that seating section. They often had something fun and exciting to show us during dinner, such as napkins folding, or how to balance two forks on a couple of tooth picks.




My dad was excited he could do it as well!


After dinner, my dad liked going to the lounge shows while my mom and I would head up to the study to work on a puzzle. We started this Anne of Green Gables puzzle one of the first nights of the cruise and worked on it every night and were so excited if we could get two pieces together, neither of us are big puzzlers. We started leaving notes asking for help from other passengers haha.



At some of the ports, there would be little welcome parties. One of the days we got to meet some birds of prey!


Not to brag, but this hawk loved me, when it was time to hand him back over to his handler, he didn't refused to go. His handler said he hadn't ever seen him do that before, I'm going to add Hawk Whisperer to my resume ;)



On our days at "sea" I would head up to one of the top decks and get in a nice workout. All the cardio machines were lines up along the railings so you got beautiful views while working out. I didn't take any photos, I only took videos so this is a still from one of those videos, to try and capture the good memories of the best workouts I ever had. Nothing like fresh lake air to get you motivated to work out.



We had several, gorgeous sunsets on this cruise, I always loved to sit on the rocking chairs on the decks and enjoy the view as we sailed by. 

It was so mind blowing to me that we weren't sailing on the ocean, the water looked like it went on forever, it's crazy how big those lakes are!








No comments:

Post a Comment