Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Niagara Falls, Canada


The last stop of the cruise was at Niagara Falls! This was my third trip to this magnificent landmark, it never gets old visiting. This time we visited from the Canadian side, which in my opinion is the better side because you can much better views of the falls, I had visited the falls from this side before but my parents hadn't. However, even though I had visited the Canadian side before, I hadn't ever taken a ride on the Hornblower, on both prier visits I had ridden the Maid of the Mist, so that was new and fun. 

(CLICK HERE to see the post from my last trip to Niagara Falls, it has some better pictures of the falls since it was a bright, sunny day with blue skies) 



The main difference between the Maid of the Mist and the Hornblower is the ponchos. Maid of the Mist passengers all wear blue ponchos and Hornblowers obviously wear red. So you can always easily tell which type of boat is sailing passed based on the color of the masses of ponchos.






I had learned by lesson from my last visit, and left my SLR camera safe at home on the ship, I didn't want it anywhere near the falls this time ... 





While in Canada, I needed to get some All Dressed chips, you can't get those in the states. I also love trying out different types of candies I can't get at home either, this time around I tried out a coffee crisp!


I also love all the maple flavored things that are all over in Canada, I couldn't resist getting some of these maple cream cookies. These aren't only found in Canada, I actually fell in love with them on a trip to Vermont, another maple-flavored-everything heaven.


I added them to my collection of other maple flavored goodies I had gathered on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment