Wednesday, December 7, 2022

California Pink Tour: Beach Day


We were so excited to be on the coast, we headed right for the beach on our first day. We went to a beach that Beth and the kids had been to before, they loved going seashell and sand dollar hunting here because there is a rich supply of both.

We parked by this adorable, succulent lined pathway that lead to the beach.








The day was overcast and moody, but still nice and warm. It was kind of nice not to have to deal with a blazing sun beating down on us all day. (We still wore plenty of sunscreen)




There's nothing more relaxing than the sound of the waves and a nice, salty breeze running through your hair.




This was the day The Sickness got me. I was hit with the excruciating sore throat first. We made a run to Target for some beach snacks and I picked up bags of soothing throat lozenges. The Madisons seemed to be on the tail end of their dance with The Sickness so at least we weren't all sick at the same time, we had at least one fully functioning adult at all times.





The kids started with some sand play, then V ventured out to test the water.




The rest of us rested at our beach camp.



V told us the water was fine and that we should come and join her. We all played in the shallow end of the waves since the water was pretty chilly. It was so fun to run and laugh with the kids in the water.






We pretty much had the beach to ourselves except for the occasional passerby.











Then we went hunting for sand dollars. They really are scattered all over this beach, we found so many!





V was a champ and offered to wash all our shells off in the ocean.






Our bounty!





We lasted about about an hour and a half and then the kids wanted to be done with having sand all over them and wanted to get all clean and cozy. I get that feeling.


It was also nap time.


After naps and showers, it was time to get ready for our reservations at the Gold Rush Steakhouse!


I went for an old hollywood inspired look.











For my fancy dinner drink, I ordered a Shirley Temple because, pink, and I asked for extra cherries. They gave me so many cherries and I was thrilled.




A fancy dinner in an overly pink restaurant wasn't Monty's idea of a good time. To help him cheer up a little, I told him secrets and he told me some. Our secrets were mostly about trains.




We thought the serving sizes might be a little smaller here because it was so fancy, Nope, they were still gigantic. I got the steak salad with horseradish dressing. It was so delicious, I ate until I felt like I might pop and I only got through about 1/4 of my plate.


We got dessert to go and ate it a little later out on the patio while pulling tarot cards.


We of course got a slice of their signature pink champagne cake as well as a slice of raspberry delight. The cake layers were so light and fluffy, they were amazing cakes, I understand why they are legendary.


No comments:

Post a Comment