Sunday, December 11, 2022

California Pink Tour: Hearst Castle


The next day we took a tour of the astounding estate of Hearst Castle. I had been here once before and thoroughly documented this amazing place. CLICK HERE to see that post. So I didn't take too many photos this time around.


This was the Madisons first time to the castle and I was so excited to see what they thought of this beautiful place.


Last time I was here, the pool wasn't filled so it was cool to see it in all it's glory.

Lady Gaga filmed one of her music videos at this pool.






Monty wasn't impressed by the grandeur of the interiors. Since I had taken this tour before, I was fine to sit in the corner and play airplanes with him.


The indoor pool is always one of my favorite places, it's so gorgeous.



The lady who takes everyones photos before the tour said she would give us our photo for free if we would allow her to possibly use it in promotional stuff. She liked the way we were dressed. We said ok but didn't really care if we got our photo or not. As we were leaving, she came running down the hall waving our photo in the air, she really wanted to make sure we got it.


We had taken the last tour of the day, so when we were done it was time for dinner. We grabbed a quick dinner at La Pollo Loco, then headed home for some night swimming.

Our usual parking spot was taken when we got back to the hotel, so we had to park a little further away and we got to see another building of rooms. It was cottage-y and adorable.





Ready to swim!
The Madonna Inn has fluffy pink robes in their rooms and we all loved them so much. 


I swam with the kids in the pool while Beth warmed up in the hot tub. Their pool is really magical at night.




After I had showered and was all ready for bed, I thought it would be fun to have some of our left over cake as a little midnight snack. As I was eating it I had the thought, "wait, is there custard in this?" There was so much going on with all the frosting and the different layers so I couldn't really tell. 

It did have custard in it. The cake hadn't been refrigerated since we got it the night before.

I woke up in the middle of the night with sweaty palms and I knew it was coming, food poisoning. 

So if anyone is keeping track that is now urgent care, hospital stay, The Sickness and now food poisoning had been added to the list of things that went wrong on this trip.

I was up all night, didn't sleep a wink. At breakfast all I could handle was water, coke, and plain toast. We were leaving the inn that day and luckily I had packed before I got sick. So I napped on the couch while Beth loaded up the car and the kids wrestled on the floor next to me.



We made one last stop at the gift store to buy Madonna Inn sweatshirts and then we said goodbye and drove to Santa Cruz.


When we got to Santa Cruz, The Sickness had gotten really bad. I laid on the bed with the most extreme body aches I had ever had in my entire life. I couldn't believe or even fully comprehend how much my ENTIRE body hurt. I was also running a really high fever and tried to cool down by putting cold, wet, towels on my forehead. We FaceTimed mom and dad so the kids could say hi, but then I wanted to ask the what to do! I was already maxed out on pain killers so there really wasn't much I could do except get some sleep, which my body desperately needed anyway. Not my best day.

No comments:

Post a Comment