Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Birthday Celebrations


Happy birthday to me!

This year I felt very celebrated and loved. I got to celebrate my birthday several times with lots of different people I love so much. 

The first celebration was with Angie and Laura. When we saw Cinderella at Sundance in the summer, we made plans to come back to do lift rides in the fall, especially the halloween lift ride. They planned a fun evening with the lift ride and then dinner at the Owl Bar afterwards. Unfortunately, Angie got sick the day we had planned to go, so she wasn't able to come with us, we missed her!

Laura and I arrived in time to grab some drinks and a pumpkin whoopee pie from the deli to enjoy on the lift. The halloween lift ride was silly and fun, we giggled the entire time. They had things set up one the ground for us to look at as we gently glided by. At each lift stop there were workers dressed up that interacted with us haunted house style, admittedly, it was a little creepy and that was our least favorite part, but we still giggled our way through it.

I took mostly videos so I don't have that many photos of the actual ride.




Th view on the way down was super fun with all the bright, colored lights set up around the resort.


At the base of the lift, they had a creepy carnival theme with lots of skeletons riding different circus animals. I had to document them all, they were all just too silly.








They don't take reservations at the Owl Bar so we were hoping the wait wouldn't be too long. We were lucky enough to snag the very last available table, which just happened to be a cozy table for two next to the windows and close to the fire. Laura and I have the best luck when we are together.

We ordered fried pickles, sweet potato fries and nachos it was all so delicious. Comfort food at it's finest. We also ordered fun mocktails which made the occasion feel extra special.
Such a fun night!


On my actual birthday, I got to spend the day with Beth! She had planned out such a fun day for us.

We began with brunch at Plated Dreams, an adorable eatery we had been wanting to try. It fit right in with our Pink Tour theme from our trip in August. We went at kind of an odd time, so we had the entire restaurant to ourselves which felt so special.





I got the Lavender Fields Lemonade and it was so gorgeous! It was perfect for pictures.



We ordered a three course meal that we shared. 

Appetizer: G.O.A.T. Cheeseballs 
Chevre Cheese, Kataifi Dough, Homemade Lime & Chili Relish, 
Fresh Green Apple, Apple & Lime Gel.


Entree: Money Talks Smash Burger
8 oz Beef Patty, Caramelized Onion & Shallot Compote, 
Molten Mozzarella Cheese, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, 
Dijon Mustard & Aioli, Edible "Bill" 


Dessert: Harvest Pavlova
Homemade Merengues, Chia Seeds & Mixed Berries Coulis, Basil, 
Chantilly Cream, Coconut Gel, Fresh Mint & Mixed Berries.


It was such a fun and unique meal!


They have butterfly motifs in a lot of decor, it was fun to try and spot them.


Their halloween decor was funky and fun, and fit in with the classy ambiance of the restaurant.






After lunch, we picked up the kids from school and then headed to Iris piercing studio for our next appointment. Beth and I had both been wanting some more piercings in our ears, so Beth thought this would be a fun day to make our dreams a reality. I hadn't ever been to a real piercing studio before, all my piercings came from amateurs with a piercing gun.

I really loved Iris, they create such an upscale experience. They have tons of earrings to choose from and their piercers are so knowledgeable and will spend as much time answering questions as you need. I had an idea for a double cartilage piercing I had seen on Pinterest that I went in wanting. After assessing my ear, my piercer told me that kind of piercing wouldn't work on me because of the way my ear folds, he explained it in detail and showed me in the mirror. Who knew ear folds played such a big factor in piercings? He gave me a couple of different options I could do that would give the same vibe. We still did a double cartilage piercing, it's a little lower and is for studs, not rings like I was originally wanting. I ended up LOVING them so much! They are so cute and classy and I am ecstatic with how they look. I also got a third piercing on my lob on my other ear, I am into the asymmetrical look that's popular right now. I will say cartilage piercings are more "spicy" than lobe piercings as in they hurt/sting more, I'm glad I didn't know that going in or I might not have gotten them.



After our exciting piercing appointments, we headed to City Creek where they had a dog trick or treating event going on! We strolled around the mall meeting lots of fun dressed up doggos, we had a blast! I loved this activity so much, Beth really knows how to find such unique and awesome events.





Chewbacca!



Pug Princesses!



A big pug party!





This cow was super excited and so wiggly.




A chick magnet with THE cutest face.
Beth sure knows how to plan a memorable birthday! I loved every second of my special day.


I got to celebrate again with the family and Sunday dinner. I love getting to share my birthday celebration with dad, I love that connection of ours. We technically celebrated our birthdays in November so we couldn't get the annual halloween/pumpkin patch cake. We hadn't ever had a sunflower cake before, so that was fun.


Our two little buddies wanted to join the picture.



Monty drew this adorable picture of him and Gaga.


V drew me this adorable fox and Thomas mailed me this special birthday card he drew himself. He even addressed the envelope himself and everything, it was such a joy to receive in the mail.


Many thanks to everyone that contributed to making this birthday such a wonderful one!



No comments:

Post a Comment