Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Halloween 2022


I got to see V and Monty in their school halloween parade this year! I remember loving the halloween parade when I was in elementary school, it was like the best day of the entire school year so it was so fun to be a part of that holiday excitement again.

V's class came first, V was dressed as a phenix. 


When she first walked out, she was frantically scanning the crowd looking for us. We shouted her name and cheered her on so she would know where we were and that we were there supporting her. V quickly went into teenager mode and acted so embarrassed,  complete with trying to hide her face from us, as she walked passed.



All the second graders did a fun dance to monster mash.



Next came Monty's class!


The cutest little shy dragon.



After the parades I gave both the kids a big hug and told them I loved being a part of their halloween celebration. Then I quickly ran home so I could set out my candy bags and get my porch ready for the trick or treaters. Louis was my little helper.



I want to be known as the house that hands out awesome candy, even though I am never home to actually meet the trick or treaters. so I always look for deals on the best kinds of candy. This year I found a good deal on king sized candy bars at walmart and I was so excited to include them in my bags. I love watching the trick or treaters reactions on my ring, there were some good reactions this year when they discovered there were king sized candy bars. I love making halloween dreams come true.


The halloween season would not be complete without enjoying some halloween donuts and I hadn't had any this year! I swung by Krispy Cream to pick a few up before heading to beth's house for trick or treating and a movie night.


Beth had an assignment due that night and she hadn't had much time to work on it and was panicking about how she would be able to get it done and still go trick or treating. I offered to take the kids out while she stayed home and could work on her assignment without any distractions. She was extremely grateful for that plan.

Beth and the kids had made a plan to go trick or treating at two of our favorite decorated houses, so I took the kids to go see them. First up was the house on 9th. This house always has epic decorations, there is always a theme and the decorations often tower over the house. This years theme was Frankenstein's Monster.





There was an area where you could walk through Frankensteins lab and that's where they were handing out candy. Their attention to detail was amazing.




We trick or treated our way back to the car, we had to park about a block away because that house is so popular.


Monty was ecstatic when he saw this t-rex blow up.


Next, we headed to the castle house, they always put on an amazing halloween party on their front lawn. This years theme was star wars and it was so cool.




By now we needed a bathroom break and some water so we dropped by mom and dads house for a pit stop. V really wanted to trick or treat on their street since she knows so many of the neighbors so mom and dad joined us for a little bit. 

Our first stop was Ben and Oswald's house. V and Monty love the next door neighbor Ben, he is such a nice guy, and we are all obsessed with his adorable Westie Oswald. Then we made our way down to the Bentleys house for their traditional cider and scones. This year Frank and Jean were dressed up as bees since they are known for their backyard beehives, they were so adorable! We stayed and chatted for a while, everyone loves the Bentleys, V later told me this was her favorite part of the night. It was always my favorite part of halloween night when I was a kid too.



Such a fun halloween night!

No comments:

Post a Comment