Saturday, January 14, 2023

Family Halloween Party 2022


The night of our annual family halloween party I dressed up as a celestial witch. I dressed up as a witch three times this year and it was fun to come up with completely different outfits for each one. I had found this amazing star and moon crown at a party store and I just had to have it and created my outfit around it.


I did my make up extra shimmery and glowy to go along with the celestial theme.


The Griffins did a Stranger Things theme with their costumes and they all looked amazing!! I haven't ever seen the show so I don't know all of the characters super well, but I have seen pictures so I know what an amazing job they did with their costumes. Mike's sister, Carrie, was in town so she got to come to the party this year! She spent hours making the most amazing Demogorgon costume that actually opened and closed. It was so cool.





Marolynn dressed up as the lady from Hocus Pocus and I loved it so much, such a genius costume.



I'm always excited to see what Andrew and John come dressed as, it's always something creative. John had gone to a 1920s murder mystery dinner earlier in the season so he used his 1920s outfit, he looked so handsome. Andrew came as a chicken burrito and it still makes me giggle every time I think about it. So silly and so creative. And I love that he just had a tortilla blanket and a rubber chicken on hand.


Sometimes he switched it up and would be eating a chicken burrito.


Mom came as a witch and dad came as a Gryffindor student, so the three of us all kind of had witchy vibes.



Beth's family went with a mythical animal theme. Beth was a unicorn, V was a phenix, Monty was a dragon, and Fritz was a basilisk.







These two are such good friends and it's so adorable to see them play together.



Fritz had a costume change half way through the night. His second costume was phantom of the opera because half of his face is white, like the phantom's mask.


The Griffins always create the most amazing halloween buffets. I'm always excited to see what creative, festive dishes they come up with every year.


This Hocus Pocus charcuterie board was adorable and so delicious. They even had pumpkin spice cheese! It was so good.



Mike made a potion punch and it was a  huge hit! 



I pretended it was my witches cauldron 


V and Monty were mesmerized by it's magic vapors.



For the main dish, they had a yummy taco bar. They had lots of different kinds of taco shells to chose from which was fun. I went with the cheesy doritos shell.


After dinner we watched Monsters Inc. as our halloween movie. I hadn't seen this classic in so many years, I was surprised by how much I didn't remember. It was fun to see it again. (I always bring comfy clothes for the movie portion of the party, I like to be cozy when I watch movies.)


We enjoyed dessert while we watched. These cupcakes from Cravings were so much fun, they do such a great job with their festive cupcakes. And they are the best tasting cupcakes in town!


This chocolate mint Frankenstein's monster was both adorable and so delicious .


Such a fun party! This is a gathering I look forward to every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment