Wednesday, January 18, 2023

October Moments


October was such a busy month! In between all the parties, trips, birthday celebrations, fall drives and halloween festivities were lots of little moments that made this month even more fun.

Football season! One of my favorite parts of fall. I love going to the games with my dad, I got to attend some of the most exciting games, our boys played an amazing season. One of the games was even an afternoon game, the schedule changed so much when the Utes entered the pac 12 to accommodate being televised, so afternoon games are rare gems.

The scholarship box is always adding new eats and treats, this year we loved the cute red and white popcorn and the addition of an ice cream cooler stocked full of the best frozen treats. 


At the beginning of thee month we finally were able to celebrate Angie's birthday! We went out to dinner at the Foundry Grill at Sundance, it's one of our favorite places to celebrate birthdays. Their fall menu was full of so many delicious sounding dishes that we ordered a smorgasbord and shared all plates. It was such a good meal. And so fun to celebrate Angie.



My halloween nails! I got them done at my regular salon, the gold motifs were hand painted and they looked amazing. I got compliments on them all season long.



Beth hosted a halloween party for V and the kids in her class. V moved back to Dancing Moose after attending Indian Hills for a year. So Beth thought a party would be a fun way for them to get to know the kids and the parents in her new class. V invited me personally and I was so honored. I dressed up as a witch, my third witch costume variation.





When I got there the kids were having such a blast. Beth planned two super fun activities, potion making and decorating individual witch cakes. I heard several parents talking about how they had never been to a party that wasn't a birthday party, they thought it was so fun to just get to go to a party to celebrate halloween. This concept is so foreign to me, I'm used to throwing parties to celebrate holidays all the time.



V ditched most of her phenix costume so that she could run around the house and backyard with her friends, so she kind of looked like buttercup from The Princess Bride. She was so proud of her potion.




The witch cakes turned out so cute.




Speaking of Beth and her family, they welcomed a new family member this month. They adopted Fritz, and adorable tri colored pup who loves to snuggle. He's a little anxious but he is such a sweetheart, he is absolutely amazing with the kids, he is so gentle with them. We all love him so much and are so glad he is a part of the family!



He gets to come to Sunday dinner sometimes and he soaks up pets from  every family member.




Mom and Dads house looked so cute for fall, they put pumpkins in their garden this year and it looked so festive.


One chilly Sunday dinner, we lit the fire and mom brought  out a paper cute story book, when you shine a  flashlight through it, it projects the illustrations. It was pretty magical.


V thought it was the coolest thing and wanted to put on her own puppet shows.



Beth and I did our annual Barnes and Nobel halloween date. We got our favorite fall drinks and a couple of pumpkin desserts to share. This tradition has got increasingly harder to pull off with each little kid. Monty didn't have the attention span to read the books and he wanted to run around the store and find cool toys he wanted to buy. He even attempted to buy one himself, he stood in line and walked up to the cashier. We tried to explain the concept of money and how it's needed to buy things but he still didn't quite understand. It was pretty cute to see him try though.



Another afternoon we drove up to North Salt lake to attend Tarot and Tea at an adorable coffee shop. The weather was overcast and blustery, the perfect weather for warm drinks.




They had lots of fun halloween drink specials.


The tarot reader was in a tent in the back patio area. We each got 15 minutes with her. She told me I might have a career in travel that included taking lots of pictures. That sounds great to me!


After our readings, we got some crepes for lunch. They were so yummy, my favorite was the pumpkin pie one we got to share for dessert.


The coffee shops halloween decor was so silly and fun, we loved it.


Fritz came with us to our weekly showings of the Great British Bake Off at the Griffins house for a little while. We were all so curious to see if he and Dorie would get along. They became best friends! It was so cute to see them play together. Fritz makes Dorie look so little which is crazy since I haven't ever thought of her as a small dog.



I brought some toys for him one week, it's so fun to have a dog in the family to buy toys for. I tried buying toys for Dorie when she first joined the family, but she isn't really into toys. This purple llama was his favorite.


My lash artist loves halloween and always goes all out with her porch decorations. It's always a treat when one or two of her kitties meets me at the door. The black and white one is named Betsy and the little striped one is named Lola.


I got the warmest welcome home from the kitties when I got back from St. George


Dinah was glued to my side for days after I got home. 



Louis enjoyed napping on the new blanket I got, he was obsessed with it.



Dinah looked so good with all the fall decor and new furniture, it almost looks like a painting.


I upgraded my outdoor furniture this month, there were lots of good end of summer sales. It's so pretty, I love it so much.



It was lovely to have a comfortable place to sit and enjoy this magnificent sunrise.


The first snow of the season!


I always love putting together my trick or treat bags. I like a good assembly line project while watching a fun movie.


The grab bags were good this year!


October is my favorite month of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment