Monday, October 12, 2020

I Love Luci


Another fun highlight of the summer was going on adventures with Luci. When I was in my 20s I wanted a Pomeranian more than anything, and I always had the idea that as soon as I had my own place, the first thing I would do was get a pom. However, by the time I got my own place, I had discovered I was more of a cat person so the first thing I did was get a cat, my chubby tabby named Louis.

Now that I am a pet sitter and have a pomeranian client that I get to board at my house while her parents are on vacation, I am living the dream of having a part time pom. Luci is a tea cup Pomeranian and is full grown at only 6 pounds. She is a bundle of energy and is too cute to handle.

I had her for a fair amount this summer and we had so much fun. I like to take her for a long walk early in the day to tire her out so she is more relaxed at home. Our summer was so hot this year, so I had to get creative of finding places that were a little cooler and/or were covered with lots of shade.

The Provo River Trail is the perfect place since a lot of the trail is shaded and it is up the canyon so it is slightly cooler.





Even though she seems to have endless energy when we begin our walk, Luci only lasts about 15-20 minutes on our walk, then she likes to be carried.


We also attempted to explore up American Fork Canyon since it is a little closer to home. I am not as familiar with this canyon, which is crazy since it is so close to my house. I looked up easy trails and thought this Canyon Nature Trail sounded cool.






Turned out the trail wasn't long at all and wasn't super shaded.


Luci needed a little break when we found a bench in the shade. She can get so hot so easily with her thick, black fur.


She has the cutest face!



Another day we checked out Yellow Fork Canyon. I hadn't ever been up there before, but the internet said it was a nice, easy place to go walking. I didn't know the entire trail would be dirt and super dusty which was not ideal since Luci is so little and close to the ground, the dust would swirl all around her. Plus her little legs and tummy fur got super dirty.


It was a really beautiful place though, I'll have to come back sometime with out Luci.



I carried her a lot on and off on this trail because of the dust. She is perfectly content to be carried anywhere and everywhere 24 hours a day, she loves being held.


These horses passed us on the trail, and Luci was entranced, she wanted to keep up with them so bad, she was basically running the whole way down.



On the way home from our adventures, we should curl up in her carrier and take a nap. Mission accomplished.


Sometimes we would also go walking at night, we saw some beautiful sunsets.



And we met some new friends, Luci is extremely friendly with both dogs and people. She wants to be friends with everyone! 


We also have lots of fun at home. Luci is such a good little buddy and loves to be involved with whatever I am doing.



She spends a lot of time doing the cutest things ever, and just looking super adorable.





I love the way she sits, she is so tiny she fits comfortably on one stair with room to spare.


She loves being under the couch, its her safe place and the perfect place to hide all her treasures. She likes to poke her head out at this certain spot because she has a good view of room but is still safe in her hide out.



These are some of her treasures. She loves the cat toys and usually picks a couple out each time she visits, and those become her favorite. She likes to pile her treasures together and she is so proud of them, but she does NOT want me touching them or moving them.



She is a good guard dog.


The end couch cushion is her favorite place to relax and nap. She curls up into the tiniest ball when she sleeps and it is so tender, it's hard to capture how small she looks. 



It's rare to see her actually deep in sleep, she usually seems to just be resting her eyes. If there is even the slightest movement or noise, her little eyes pop open.



The way she stretches out her tiny back paws is so adorable and silly.



She loves to go for drives 



I have tried several ways of making her comfy and happy on long drives, such as in her carrier. She seems to like to lay down on this blanket in the back the best. She doesn't feel confined and she feels like she is a part of the action, but she can't climb on my lap from the back, which she constantly does if she is in the front.


Our long drives usually end up at my parents house where Luci accompanies me to family dinners. Luci has stolen the hearts of my entire family, they are usually more excited to see her than me... but I get it, Luci is pretty cute.


Luci loves my parents' backyard, she excitedly runs all around and even has her favorite potty places.


Monty absolutely adores Luci, he gets the biggest smile on his face whenever he sees her. He is amazingly gentle with her and gives her little, tender pats and even sneaks in a few head butts or kisses.



These two have become the best of friends, Luci almost prefers to hang out with dad more than me now a days. I have never seen dad love an animal as much as he loves Luci, he loves to sneak her little tastes of deli meat from the little fridge. So whenever he stands or walks by the fridge, Luci is right there at his feet, begging for a treat.




Luci is such a joy and brings instant happiness to everyone she meets. I feel so lucky and grateful to get to have her and her sister, Blu, as clients. I love them both so much.

1 comment:

  1. I love the part where she has her treasures and won't let you touch them, lol.

    ReplyDelete