Thursday, February 3, 2022

Christkindlmarkt 2021

 


It's tradition for me and Mom to kick off the Christmas season by attending the Christmas market at This is the Place. I look forward to this outing all year long, Mom and I always have such a good time and we always end up with so many fun and cute things.

We started by getting lunch from one of the food carts, this year we choose hot dogs from the the brautwurst truck, they had all sorts of toppings and sauces you could use to make your hot dog extra gourmet. Mom strategically chose to sit at the same table as this adorable Corgi, he sat under the table and gave us puppy dog eyes during our entire meal.



After lunch it was time to go shopping!


I love seeing these adorable wooden houses every year, I can't ever think of a reason to buy one so I just take pictures of them. This pink and blue one was especially adorable.






The stall with all these adorable woolen garlands is always one of Mom's favorite stops.



The fun German treats are always one of my favorite parts.



As we were strolling along the street, this adorable cotton candy Olaf caught our eye. We couldn't resist, we had to get one. We got it "to go" and carried it around all afternoon so we could share it with V and Monty when we got home.


We got to choose three flavors, we chose citrus punch, birthday cake, and blue raspberry. We wanted him to be wintery colors.


It was so fun watching how they mad him.





Our cotton candy Olaf made us so happy, we couldn't wait to show him to the kids.



I always love making a stop at the Magical Marketplace, it's a little different than the rest of the cute German stalls, but it's so fun to explore.











On my way back to the main street to meet back up with mom, I ran into Krampus!


We found more cute dogs to pet! These scotties were the best Christmas surprise, I very rarely ever see Scotties, they are mom's favorite breed of dog. These two buddies were the sweetest, one of them was a trained emotional support animal who goes around to schools and hospitals offering support to those who need it.




Look at that sweet face!







I loved all the stars on her costume.





We have found the best time to go is late afternoon, so it's nice, sunny and warm during most of our visit, and it's not as crowded during the day, but we still get to enjoy the sunset and watch as all the festive lights turn on.






The plaza was absolutely stunning at sunset.












Mom took this amazing picture of the north star next to the Christmas star.




We didn't get any of these chimney cakes, but I was really intrigued by them and how they are made. They are a traditional Hungarian pastry that actually originated in Transylvania. I think I'll try one next year!







There was a fresh flower stall that had the most gorgeous, winter arrangements.



We both got some of those beautiful orange and cranberry garlands.








For me, a trip to the Christmas Market isn't complete without a glass of spiced grape cider, it's one of my favorite things and I get some every year.



After we had throughly enjoyed the market, and looked at every stall, it was time to head home to share our goodies with the family!

The kiddos were very excited about Olaf and the gingerbread cookies.






1 comment:

  1. Such a fun memory! You captured all the details, the smells, sights, and tastes , even the crisp winter air and the the festive atmosphere that is so happy! And bringing home the perfect gift to someone adds to the joy. I love going with you!

    ReplyDelete