Saturday, November 26, 2022

July Moments


We had a fun time in July, here are a few of the little moments that made this month extra fun.

Beth and I took the kids to Deer Valley to enjoy the Utah Symphony play a concert of John Williams classic movie themes. It had been raining on our drive up and it was making it us nervous of having a soggy experience.But as soon as we parked it stopped raining! The clouds made for a gorgeous back drop to the concert.




It was magical to watch the sunset with such an epic soundtrack.

Some of the songs they played were E.T., Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Harry Potter and Jurassic Park.






We danced to some of our favorite songs.




We celebrated all of  the Griffin kids at their combined birthday party. This years theme was Kings Quest, it wasso fun to revisit all of the games we played for hours as kids.


Jenny had created a super fun scavenger hunt for guests to do as they arrived. That was Vs favorite part.



We brought back the family band and played Rock Band after the party. We used to play Rock Band all the time, it was so much fun to bring it back.


One week before Sunday dinner, dad wanted me to try out my new plant identifier app on his roses. Turns out my app was super inaccurate and identified all the roses as China Roses. But it was really fun spending time with him in his garden hearing him talk about all his roses.




Dinner at Mom and Dads house is always the best.


I love when it's warm enough to eat out on the patio. We would sometimes eat dessert out there, Luci loved it when we would eat out there.


Speaking of Luci, I had her for two weeks this month, so we got lots of gun Luci time!


Luci loved the little bohemian set up we had going on while we waited for our new couch. She did miss being able to hide under the couch when she got scared though.



We all love her happy, smiling face so much.


Watching the sunset together,




Lisa and her little family moved back from Japan and spent the month of July at her parents house so I got to see her a few times throughout the month. One Sunday before dinner we got our two pomeranians together for a little play date. Rocco was surprisingly quite a bit larger than Luci, but he is a regular pom and Luci is a teacup so I guess it makes sense.



Holding paws!


I also took Luci to an outdoor movie night at Angie's house. We had the most gorgeous sunset before the movie.



She sat and watched a good amount of the movie, it was so adorable. We watched Crocodille Dundee, I hadn't ever seen it before, but it is a super nostolgic movie for the Carr sisters so they were excited to introduce it to me. 



Everytime I took her on a social outting, she would be exhausted the next day. It's rare to see her take a nap outside of her crate, but after all the excitment of our outtings, she just couldn't stay awake.


I would also take Luci on some of my visits with Blu. It was so cute to see Blu get so excited to see Luci and want to play.


I also got to spend a lot of time with Blu over those two weeks. I just love her so much and wanted to document her cuteness. I love how she sticks out her back paws when she lays down.


I love her cute little ears and the tiny, velvety wrinkles on the top of her head.


She also has the most expressive eyes, she is such a special dog.


Going for walks on the warm summer evenings was always so nice. Summer nights are one of the things I live for, I love them so much and it was so nice to get out and enjoy warm weather.


Even though walking at night was much cooler than walking during the day, Blu would still get pretty warm and need to lie on the cold concrete to help her cool down.


A couple of other clients I had this month were my favorite fluffy kitties, Jaxson and Zakk Wilde.




Stacy, Jax and Zakk's mom left me several bags full of fresh herbs from her garden, it was so thoughtful of her!


I also got a new client that had two adorable grey kitties. They looked so much like twins but they got them at different times.


Mac warmed up to me pretty quicly and loved to play and get attention. Ozzy was very shy, but she would still come out and be in the same room as me which her owners thought was amazing, they thought she would stay under the bed the entire time.



I tried to incorporate lots of self care this month since I was feeling pretty burned out. I made a list of new things I wanted to try, one of which was going to a salt cave. There are a few salt caves around Utah County and I wanted to try, I started with one in American Fork at a place called the Centered Stone. 


You leave your phone and purse outside and grab a blanket and head into the cave. The ground is covered in Himilayan salt.


The walls are made of salt bricks and salt is also pumped into the air. There are several health benefits of being surrounded by and breathing in himilayan salt. I got all cozied up in my zero gravity chair, covered up in my blanket, listened to the calming music and eventually fell asleep. It was the most relaxing hour of my life. I felt so good after my time in there, I defnitely want to incoporate this into my self care routine.




I also finally cashed in my facial gift card Alle gave me in 2020. It was such a relaxing and rejuvinating treatment, I would love to get another one!


When the Burtons were in town, we spent an afternoon swimming at Aunt Sue's house. Her swimming pool is so gorgeous, I always love going swimming there.


Angie, Laura and I created a lot of fun memories this month too.  We went to see the new Top Gun movie together. The original Top Gun movie is special to us. When I moved into my house, the three of us had a sleep over to break in the new house. We watched Top Gun and it was my first time seeing it. After that wegot matching hats to wear to the pool. Naturally we had to see the new movie together in our matching hats!


We also had several outdoor movie nights in both Laura and Angies backyards.


One night we went camping in Angies backyard! Laura made everyone delicious tin foil dinners that we cooked over a fire.


We had roasted bananas toped with chocolate, caramel sauce, marshmallows and ritz crackers for dessert. They were so yummy.


Our tents were so comfy. In the morning, Angie made us a delicious European breakfast buffet full of fruits, nuts, boiled eggs, sausages and vegatables.


Here's a little recap of Dinah and Louis' month of July. They napped a lot...







We got to see Singing in the Rain at Hale Theater and it was SPECTACULAR!!! It was so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment