Friday, May 23, 2014

National Botanical Gardens


The botanical gardens were a very happy surprise. 
They were not on our original itinerary, I didn't even know there
were botanical gardens at the Smithsonian, but I might have to say they
were possibly my favorite place that we visited, I just love beautiful gardens!
After our lunch at the American Indian museum, we found ourselves 
with some unexpected free time, so we decided to check out the gardens.
We had passed by them many times, and I was hoping we would be able 
to find some time to fit them in!

They were more spectacular then I ever could have imagined.  If I ever live in DC,
a good portion of my time will be spent here.






























1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pictures of the close up flowers...that blue one looked like it had a tiny lady with a full skirt and face in the middle. The contrast between the bitter cold outdoors and the steamy tropics was amazing. I liked the classical music.

    ReplyDelete