Thursday, April 26, 2018

Church History Tour: Chicago's Natural History Museum


We spent our last morning in Chicago at the Natural History Museum. I didn't have time to visit this beautiful museum last time I was here so I was excited to check it out!

The building itself is gorgeous!







We spent a few hours weaving in and out of the different displays. I loved the dinosaur and taxidermy exhibits the best.









When we got to our car after our visit, we were shocked to see that someone had broken the driver's side window and taken a few of our bags, one of which was my purse! I had covered it up with a blanket before leaving, but they still found it and took it, wallet and all. Considering we had all of our luggage and my camera bag in the back, none of which got touched, it could have been so much worse. We found out from the parking attendant that 5 cars in total had been broken into. I was able to cancel my credit cards right away and the only other bag they took was full of my mom's coloring books and pencils. So all in all, they didn't really get much from our car, we were extremely lucky! Everyone we worked with from the parking attendant to the rental car company was extremely nice and understanding and helped us get a new rental car no problem. We were delayed getting into Nauvoo, which is a 5 hour drive from Chicago, we pulled into our hotel around midnight.



No comments:

Post a Comment