Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sweet Haven


Since I have been bogged down with midterms and research papers and cold weather I have been dreaming of the California get away that my family got to enjoy this summer. We rented a house in Santa Barbra that my entire family played at for a week. It was honestly the best, I miss it with all my heart. It was gorgeous and perfect in every way. What I wouldn't give to be back there right now.

There was a gorgeous living room that was parallel to a garden type family room that was complete bliss. It had vines that covered the walls and ceilings that came in from outside which were awesome.



This was the master bedroom that my parents got to enjoy and below are examples of what our rooms looked like, they were perfect places to relax.





This is the stunning dining room, we never got to dine in here, too many little kids endangered the antiques but this is the room in which my family's obsession with ticket to ride was born.

The kitchen and some of the bathrooms had the quaint feel from the 1930s which was when this dream house was built.

The grounds were absolutely amazing, B E A Utiful!! The pool was my favorite, a complete sanctuary!











There was a cute little cottage guest house on the grounds where everything was miniature it was adorable. It was right next to the chicken coop! This place inspired me to have chickens when i get a house of my own, they were so cute and were basically pets, we would go hold them everyday and collect fresh eggs every morning.





This is an example of the beautiful scenes that we would enjoy on our drives to our numerous excursions, such a pretty place, I want to go back so bad and escape the stress of finals!

1 comment:

  1. I want to go back too! such an enchanting place. I miss the fireplace by my bed, strolling through the beautiful gardens, and holding and petting the chickens (they were too cute). Maybe someday I will have some of my own.

    ReplyDelete