Sunday, May 19, 2019

World Showcase: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany


World Showcase!! This is one of my favorite parks in Disney World, and I was so excited to see it all dolled up for Christmas!



We started in Mexico, there was a Day of the Dead Ofrenda set up to celebrate the release of the new movie Coco which none of us had seen yet.




A mariachi band performed songs from Coco, even though we hadn't seen the movie yet, we still enjoyed all the fun songs! 






After the mariachi show, we moved on to Norway. A lot of my ancestors came from Norway, so I grew up learning a lot about the Scandinavian culture and have developed such a love for this beautiful country, so I always get excited while touring through this pavilion.












While the boys were having fun pretending to be Vikings, Vienne was trying on all the princess shoes.


Disney offers a fun holiday scavenger hunt that guests can complete in the World Showcase for a fun little prize. We each purchased a Christmas Tree Spree scavenger hunt map and stickers, and in each pavilion, we would look for Chip and Dale to see what holiday object they were holding so we could put the correct sticker on our map. It was so much fun, all of us loved the excitement this little game added to our day.

**I included quite a few pictures of the Chip and Dale figurines and the object they were holding in the different pavilions. I'm not sure if Disney changes it out every year, I would imagine they would, but in case they don't and you don't want the scavenger hunt ruined for you, skip through the World Showcase posts**



In Norway, they were holding a bundle of wheat!





We made a stop at the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe for a mid morning treat







I got a famous skolebrod, which is one of the most popular treats in the World Show case. It's a sweet bread with a vanilla custard center topped with frosting and toasted coconut. One of the reasons this treat is so popular is that it isn't too sweet, it's just the right amount to be delicious without making you feel sick.



Each pavilion had one of these scrolls that gave details on how each of the countries celebrate their important holidays.






Next up, China!







These drinks are soooooo delicious, I always make sure to grab a couple when I visit the China Pavilion.



After our quick stop in China, we moved on to Germany, which was one of the most decorated pavilions!






The first thing I always do when I get to the German pavilion, is snag some sweet treats from Karamell-Kuche. This time around I got a gingerbread caramel square and this delicious caramel, marshmallow pinwheel.


The German Pavilion is always celebrating Christmas with their year round Christmas store, but it was extra Christmasy for the holidays 





There were so many beautiful ornaments, but again, instead of buying them, I took pictures of them.










The Glaskunst crystal shop had my favorite garlands and wreaths, they were decorated with pastel colored roses, they were so beautiful.










Our little princess got to meet Snow White on our way out of Germany. I loved Snow White's Christmas headband, such a cute little detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment