Thursday, July 27, 2017

Magic Kingdom: Frontierland


Fronteirland is super cute and is home to a couple of my favorite rides, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain (which is only one of my favorite rides if I have two ponchos, one wrapped around my waist to protect my pants and one over my top with the hood securely fastened around my face, I don't like getting wet... I have also been known to wear a shower cap on the ride...)


Chip and Dale in cowboy outfits, does it get any better than that? I think not.






The Big Thunder queue area was super fascinating I almost didn't notice we were waiting for a ride!



Lu really wanted to see a Disney gator, so we kept our eyes on the water and river banks in the hopes we would spot one, from a safe distance. We never did see one.




The Country Bear Jamboree is alive and well in Florida. Lu and I sat on the back row and were laughing so hard at all the silly songs, I had tears running down my face. 





Some of my favorite tunes from the show were My Woman Ain't Pretty (But She Don't Swear None) by Liver Lips McGrow and All The Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down by The Sun Bonnet Trio. I'll throw Blood On The Saddle by Big Al in for an honorable mention, it wasn't one of my favorites but it was definitely a memorable one.







Super prepared for the splash


1 comment:

  1. ahh, Bear Country! I can picture you laughing at it's silliness and nostalgia. Back in the day when cowboys were our daily TV fare, Frontierland was TV come to life...we loved it. I got my Davy Crockett coonskin cap there, and memorize all the verses which I would sing loudly on the long ride up to the cabin in Brighton. Once there I would go hunting in the woods in my cap, not singing, but lost in my own pretend world.

    ReplyDelete