Monday, January 29, 2018

Magical, Sparkling, Golden Treats


On my last day in Disney I had some extra time in the morning, so I went exploring around the grounds of the hotel a little bit. I wish I had more time to enjoy this beautiful hotel, there is just too much fun to be had in Disney! 


We saw several Disney kitties around the hotel! I love spotting Disney kitties, they are all so pretty.





There are several special menu items I really wanted to try at Trader Sam's but we ran out of time! I will just have to stay at the Disneyland Hotel again in the near future.



Spotted yet another pretty Disney kitty! They are pretty feral so they don't let me get close to them, which is sad because I want to pet that fluff!




After our relaxing morning, we headed to the park for some last minute treats as I had to catch my flight home this afternoon.

The Madisons wore adorable matching outfits today! They are just the cutest.


I've never paid attention to this beautiful plaque about the castle before. There is always something new to notice every time I come to the park.


It' baby duck season in Disney and we saw several fluffy babies throughout our time in the park. These two snuggly ducklings were some of my favorites. It took all my will power to not lean down and pick them up for some cuddles!



We saw more baby ducklings just a little ways down the path in Frontier Land


There was one last special, limited time experience that I had been looking forward to trying during this trip to Disney, Golden Churros and Golden Beignets! These sparkly treats were a created to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Pirates of the Caribbean. In addition to the extra sparkles and edible glitter, they were lemon flavored! They actually tasted more like fruit loops than lemons, but that's not a bad thing.


We got golden churros and regular churros to compare and contrast.




While ordering our beignets, we noticed they also had a special Pirate Punch, so we figured, "why not"? There was a reason we hadn't heard anything about this Pirate Punch, it tasted like a juice mix poured right out of the bottle, nothing special about it.

But the beignets and churros totally lived up to their hype, they were so fun and magically delicious.



Then I had to say goodbye to this sweet face and Beth and Reece as I was heading home today, and they were staying for a few extra days. Another magical trip to Disney in the books, can't wait until the next one!


1 comment:

  1. That sweet baby girl is just adorable. Don't mind me. Just stalking you this morning. I need to read all of your blog posts for our next Disney trip. I feel like I always do that same things and I want to try some new treats. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete