Monday, September 19, 2016

Brunch and a Birthday Party


Day one began with a delicious brunch at Hen House, a cute little eatery around the corner from Burton's house. It's famous for giant pancakes and the boys love going there. I got chicken and waffles, one of my all time favorite dishes and it definitely didn't disappoint!



James was super excited for his giant chocolate chip pancake 



After brunch, it was birthday party time!
Will is super into Legos and wanted to have a lego themed party and it turned out adorable!

I was in charge of making the cakes Karin and Will had picked out.
It took me a while, but I think they turned out super cute!


While all the guests were arriving, they got to build things out of the millions of legos the Burtons have collected over the years as well as submit a guess of how many legos were in the jar pictured below. It was giggles reading some of the guesses that were submitted :) 


Then it was time for pizza and cake! 



After lunch and cake, the birthday boy and all his guests spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. It was such a fun party and every little boy's dream birthday.

After the party, and all the guests had gone home, the Burtons and I headed to the movies to see the new, live action Jungle Book movie. I had seen it a couple of weeks ago, but it was fun to experience it with the boys since it was their first time seeing it.


1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the cakes; they are fabulous! I love that new breakfast place...maybe the chocolate chip pancake next time, that looked spectacular.

    ReplyDelete