Friday, September 30, 2022

April Moments


Here is a random collection of little moment that made April a little more fun.

Work is always super busy in April because of spring break. I always seem to over commit myself because I always want to care for all the sweet animals. So, while I love, love, love all of these precious pets, I'm always exhausted and ready for spring break to be over. Here is a little handful of the cutie pies I got to care for:

The picture above is Raine, she is an 18 year old, grouchy old lady. She always looks so gorgeous and elegant as she stares me down and warns me to not even think about petting her.

These three cuties are the opposite, they want ALL of the love and attention I can give them. They are a lot of work, I give a lot emotionally when I am with them, but I love them so much and always look forward to seeing them.



From left to right:
Mama Roxy and her two pups Jack and Murphy.


I adore this sweet face. I get to see Oscar every day while his parents are at work, and I have bonded so much with this quirky, old soul.


It took me about a year to get Oscar to let me pet him on a regular basis. So, on thee rare occasion that he actually SNUGGLES me, I am in heaven.


Mac the Westie lives two houses down from Oscar. When we go for our walk, Oscar always makes sure to pass by his house and check to see if he is out. It's always a happy day when Mac is out and comes over to say hi.



Ferdinand and Zazu are such gorgeous kitties. They are brothers from the same litter, yet look nothing alike. 


I love it when Cinnabun and Thumper come to stay with me. They are the most velvety bunnies, and they are so silly, they always make me laugh.


Cinnabun is the cuddler out of the two.



Neither one of them were fixed, so they had to have separate outside exercise/ play time. Thumper would spend most of his time giving Cinnabun bunnies kisses through her cage and she loved it. It was so adorable.




Speaking of animals, a new little buddy joined our family this month.

Mrs. Tiggywink joined the Madison family on easter. Beth got her as a surprise and kept her at mom and dad's house until it was time for Easter baskets. Tiggy is a very timid soul, but she is going to be loved so much. Look at her cute little face!



She always sticks out one of her back legs as she begins to uncurl, it's so silly.


April was the beginning of my couch saga. I had used a designer to help pick out some new furniture to update my space. The designer lived out of state but said she would come to my house at the beginning and end of our project. She never came... So all of the furniture she picked out, I never saw in person. They all looked gorgeous on paper.

I had a junk removal company come and take my old couch away. It was an ikea couch that served me very well for 10 years. All of corners had been absolutely shredded by my cats when I first got them, so there was no chance of selling it.


The couch the designer picked out got delivered and it was absolutely stunning! It looked like a magazine and fit the space so well.


However, it was the most uncomfortable couch I have ever sat on. I hated the feel of the cushions and the fabric the moment I first sat down on it. Such a bummer! Also, I learned that while the bench cushions create a beautiful, clean look, they do not wear well over time. I had only sat on the couch a couple of times and you can totally see where I sat.

Luckily, even though this was a custom piece, the company we ordered it from offered full refunds! Whew!


The kitties laid on the couch the first day I got it, but then they didn't really get on it much after that. So, I can only assume they felt the same way about it as I did.

They did gift me with this precious moment though. Dinah and Louis never hang out close by each other, their relationship has a very "sibling rivalry" energy. So, if they ever hang out close by each other it is a moment worth documenting. They took it one step further this time by touching paws! My kitty mama heart was bursting from the cuteness.




Queen Dinah on her thrown of blankets, surveying the land.



We had an epic spring snow storm. The trees at mom and dads house looked so beautiful.





Nora went to her first school dance! The first niece to go to prom! Beth and I went over to help her with hair and make up. I didn't do much, I helped curl her hair, I mainly just wanted to be a part of the excitement! I love that my nieces and nephews let their aunt hang out with them and be a part of their big moments.

Nora looked absolutely stunning.



Beth and I took her kiddos to the tulip festival, we had so much fun. After experiencing the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with a golf cart, we can't ever go back to just walking through them, we get waaaay too exhausted and don't end up seeing everything. So we rented a golf cart and zoomed all over the gardens, we had a blast.

The gardens were previewing their upcoming dino attraction. It was such a funny juxtaposition of having these realistic dinosaurs hanging out among the tulips.










We took a little break to have a picnic lunch in the waterfall amphitheater. They had lots of food trucks to choose from.  We ultimately went with Waffle Love, we wanted to try out their chicken and waffles.

They make it look so cute!



The Secret Garden is always one of our favorite spots.




Thanks for the happy moments April!

No comments:

Post a Comment