Saturday, September 3, 2022

Wizarding World


On our second day, we headed over to Universal Studios to spend the day in Diagon ally. As usual, the Madisons dressed to match the park.


We took two Ubers over to Universal. The second group had to make a couple of stops on their way to Universal, so The griffins and I had some time to kill. Even though we had plans to visit the official Voodoo Donut store on our way home, I couldn't resist trying one out for breakfast. I chose the Voodoo doll donut, the one I got looked very 80s haha it looked very different from the one on the poster. But it still tasted amazing.



Mardi Gras was only a couple of days ago, and it looks like Universal had quite the celebration.




Once we were in the Wizarding World, our first item of business was to get some butter beer and other drinks at the Leaky Cauldron.







Then we explored the alley. The Magical Managerie is always one of my favorite stores to visit.


Monty was mesmerized by the giant snake.


V got to do the wand choosing ceremony, which is really special.



This is the wand that chose her, she is doing her serious witch face.


She used her new wand to cast spells up and down the ally.


The Griffins were good at casting spells as well.




We stopped by the Sweet Shop to grab some magical goodies. Jenny got one of these adorable gingerbread newt cookies.



I have always wanted to try the cauldron cakes, and my dreams finally came true. It was so adorable, the packaging of everything in Harry Potter world is so fun, I always keep the boxes display them in my bookcases.





We were looking for a place to enjoy our sweet treats and we couldn't find any available seating. Luckily, Jenny knew about a secret bench which was the perfect place to relax a little bit and try our treats.


V and Monty got chocolate frogs and they were ecstatic.



The cauldron cake was ... just ok. It was disgusting, but it wasn't amazing either. I'm glad I got to try it, but I probably won't ever get it again.



After we had throughly explored Diagon Alley, it was time to head to Kings Cross Station to catch the Hogwarts Express, the moment Monty had been waiting for.


Monty is obsessed with trains. He brings this engine with him everywhere, even though it is really big and heavy. He could barely contain his excitement while we were in line.





When we finally got to the part where we could see the train Monty was enthralled. He thought it was amazing that the train not only went forward, but it also went backward. He still talks about how the Hogwarts Express can go backwards.


Excited for our journey to Hogwarts!



Monty was so sad when we got off the train, he watched it longingly as it headed back to the station.


Hogsmead!


We were excited to get some dinner at The Three Broomsticks.


I got their delicious fish and chips, my favorite english meal and the only way I will eat fish. I got a pumpkin juice to drink.


Jenny was so excited to be able to get a hot butter beer, it's her favorite kind of butter beer.




After dinner, we were able to watch the castle light show. This is new since the last time I visited, so I was so excited to be able to watch it.






After the castle show, the park was starting to close. Dad really wanted to get Monty a little model of the Hogwarts Express since he loves it so much. Dad checked all the stores in Hogsmead, none of them had one. He was told there was a store towards the entrance of Isles of Adventure that might have one. Dad was dedicated, he raced over there to make sure we got there before it closed.

We got there just a few minutes before they closed and it took us a while to find it, we were worried they might be out. Luckily, we found one, dad bought it and gifted it to Monty and both of them were overjoyed.


It was the sweetest.


Our last stop of the day was at Voodoo Donuts. I was so excited to check this place out! We had to wait in line for 30 minutes to even be let into the store, it's a big deal.


The donut throne.



Even though waiting in line was a pain, I will admit, it was really nice to not be crowded in the store.




So many delicious donuts to chose from!


I went home with a maple bar, my most favorite food in the world, and a mango mama. I loved them both so much, they served as breakfast and snacks over the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment