Friday, September 2, 2022

Magic Kingdom


Our first day in Disney World was spent at Magic Kingdom! It was so fun to see the castle all dressed up for the 50th anniversary.




As we were making our way over to fantasy land, a character cavalcade came through, and we got front row seats.






This cavalcade had so many fun characters in it, we don't often get to see Meeko and Marie!














We finally made it over to Small World, it was a super busy day and very crowded. With mom and dad on scooters, we got to us the handicap entrance. Using this entrance is nice because often times you check in, and they will tell you a time to come back, so you can go wait in the shade or do other things while you wait.


I had recently read about how guests can get sprinkled with pixie dust and I really wanted to check it out. So V and I popped over to Sir Micky's while we waited for our turn on Small World.


It's a fun, little thing to do. Honestly, I wanted more pixie dust in my hair, they just do a tiny little sprinkle.






Small World is always so magical, no matter how many times I have ridden it.










Then it was time for our early lunch at Be Our Guest! I had worked hard to get us reservations here and I was so excited to show how magical it is to those in our party who hadn't ever been before.



We checked in and got to wait in the cool waiting area for a little while, I hadn't ever seen this room before.




Then we were seated in the ballroom, my favorite of the three dining room options.





The beast came our periodically to greet his guests and thank us for coming. Monty would get SO excited each time he came around. 



I got the Country Seasonal Salad for my appetizer, it was gorgeous. It had toasted walnuts, fresh fruit, and seasonal vinaigrette dressing


For my main course, I got the Poulet Rouge Chicken, savory bread pudding and seasonal vegetables with a chicken glace. Again, the presentation was a work of art.


Everything was so delicious, especially the bread pudding.


Dessert was really fun, the kids got these paintable chip cups. The cup was made out of white chocolate and the "paint" was frosting.



The adult dessert was just as adorable.






On our way out of the castle, we got to say hello to Belle!


I love this little Rapunzel area, I wish it was bigger.


Fantasyland is so charming.





We made our way over to Big Thunder Mountain since it's dad's favorite. Again, we got to check in and then go find some shade to relax in. We found a lovely little sitting area right on the water and we got to watch the Mark Twain go by.




When it was our time to check back, we were parking the scooter when we noticed this squirrel. He was raiding all the baskets on the scooters, looking for snacks!



I loved using the handicap entrances.


Dad and I got the very back of the train, and boy did it whip us around good.


Next up was one of my favorites, Jungle Cruise. When we checked in to see how long the wait was, we were told 2 hours and there wasn't a handicap entrance on this ride. As we were sadly walking away another cast member came up to us and said to me "because I like your earrings so much, I will help get you on the ride with only a 20 minute wait if you can answer 3 Disney trivia questions."

 I don't remember all the questions he asked, but between me, Jenny and Nora we breezed through the first two. When it came to the last question he said he would let us on the ride with NO wait if we got it right. That last question was how many Disney movies have a number in the title. This one took us a while, I think he told us there were 7. Eventually, we got them all and he let us right on the ride! Disney magic at its finest.








As we were leaving adventureland. Mickey's celebration 50th anniversary cavalcade was just beginning, it was so fun to see!










For dinner, we ate at Liberty Tree Tavern. The food here is the best kind of comfort food.



Monty was being so silly and was making everyone laugh during the entire meal.


After dinner, we had enough time to squeeze in a couple of rides. First up was haunted mansion. Monty was very excited to ride through the haunted house. However, when we got off, he gave it a thumbs down for being too scary.



I loved seeing that Madame Leota was part of the Women's History Month celebration.


Fantasyland is absolutely gorgeous at night.




Since Monty didn't have the best time on Haunted Mansion, we let him choose what our last ride should be. He wanted to end on a happy note, so he chose Winnie the Pooh, his favorite ride.




I have no words to describe how magical the castle is at night with it's celebratory, iridescent lights.







Monty loved having his train use the big train tracks.





These cute gold statues are new for the 50th anniversary. They had them all over the different parks.


V got Marie as her Disney souvenir. She took the best care of her and let her use the stroller.


No comments:

Post a Comment