Thursday, September 15, 2022

February Moments


Here are a few little moments that made February extra fun.

I found these heart macarons at Costco and they made my heart so happy I had to get them.


Later in the month, my favorite macaron shop, Ruth's Bakeshop, delivered their Valentine macarons, they were so beautiful. I also really love her packaging, the individualized name tags are such a special touch.



Each macaron was a different flavor and they were all delicious.



I created these cute little valentine gifts for a few of my friends. I love celebrating valentines day by celebrating my friends.


I received a couple of fun surprise valentine  day gifts. Angie and Laura got me  these  delicious  treats  and this  fun solo adventure book.  They know I am exploring solo  adventuring this year, so I thought it was so thoughtful they got me something to help with that  goal of mine.


The  book has these mystery adventures. You get  to "open" each one individually and have a fun time  doing  the  mystery adventure. I tried  one  out  and it was so fun. It was learning about a different country. 


It said to close your keys and spin a globe to pick a country to learn about. I landed on the Marshall Islands!


It said to look up recipes from the country and cook a meal, as well as listen to music or watch a movie from the country. I found a recipe for baked papaya with coconut milk that I was excited to try since I hadn't ever cooked with papaya before. I also read that they make grilled  pineapple and coconut  rice so I made some of those as well.

The baked papaya was really good and it made my entire house smell amazing.


I can't wait  to work my way through this super fun book and have lots of fun adventures! Such a thoughtful gift.


I had other sweet gifts dropped off on my doorstep. These beautiful cookies were from my bishops family.


My new friend Megan, who lives across the main boulevard from me dropped off this super sweet gift, I felt very loved this valentine season.



I also couldn't resist bringing Honey the valentine elf back for one day to bring Valentines day gifts for Vienne and Monty.


Honey brought V Kit-Kats, her favorite candy bar, an LOL doll, and a box of LOL doll chocolates.


She brought Monty a chocolate puppy, Kit-Kats and a stretchy alligator.


Monty and Mimi are the best of friends and I love watching them interact. They read this train book together multiple times a day.


Work went well this month. I got to spend time with this adorable face.





I spent a lot of time bundled up, walking pups in the February snow.


While it wasn't the funnest to work in, the snow made for gorgeous views out my windows.




Cat ownership continues to be one of my favorite things.




I attended lots of classics at Brick Canvas. The walk from the parking lot to the studio is lit by twinkle lights.


I attended my first breath work class at The Loft Studio. I didn't really know what it was when I signed up, I thought I was going to a gentle yoga/ sound bath class. I didn't realize the intense inner child, emotional work that class entails, it is pretty intense. We laughed, we screamed, we sobbed, all brought about by the power of breath. It was the most amazing, therapeutic, liberating experience I have ever been through. It was just as powerful at helping rewire my mind as ketamine infusions. I can't wait to attend more of  these life changing classes.



I got to gather with my high school friends so that we could celebrate Laura and her upcoming nuptials! I always love spending time with these women, I wish I saw them more often.

We got pedicures and went to dinner and it was the best evening.




I got all dressed up a couple of times this month, and since it doesn't happen very often, I wanted to document it.



One Sunday, dad brought out his file labels "jokes" and we laughed and laughed. Dad is so silly when he gets laughing super hard, we always love it when he does.


Another Sunday, I was the only one that could come. So after dinner, dad made mom and me the most perfect chocolate chip cookies and we watched Sabrina. It was so much fun.


I also got to go to movie night at Sue's house. Mom and Sue have movie nights every Tuesday, they always invite me but I rarely can come. We go out to dinner, then go to Sue's house. We watch one movie, and then break for dessert, this week it was root beer floats, and then we watch a second movie. Sue works on he puzzles during the movies. Hanging out with Mom and Sue is so much fun.



We saw Treasure Island at Hale Theater and it was phenomenal. All the blue areas were water, and pirates were constantly falling into and climbing out of it, it was amazing.


We had a Mardi Gras dinner, I always love celebrating this holiday.








Dad made a delicious king cake, and Jenny ended up with the coin inside!


One weekend, Beth and I met up in Heber to have lunch in these charming dining globes.



It felt like a mini vacation to the Swiss Alps.




Beth brought the most amazing box of deluxe chocolates. We had a fun time reading all the descriptions and deciding which ones we wanted to try. They were really unique flavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment