Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Celebrating 30 Years in New York


2016 was a big year for me, it was the year I turned the big 3-0!! I love to go big for special birthday celebrations, I celebrated 25 in Zurich, 28 in California and I celebrated 30 in one of my favorite cities, New York! I wanted my most favorite people around me as I celebrated this big birthday, so I invited all members of my family to come. I was thrilled that so many of them were able to make it!

Mom, Dad, Bethy, Reece, Vienne, Jenny, Mike and Karin were all able to come and it was the best guest list I ever could have imagined. We flew into the city late in the evening on the 26th of October, we got to our hotel around 12:30 am. I had brought celebratory drinks and glasses that I delivered to each room as a thank you for coming, while everyone was settling in.



We stayed at the Hyatt Union Square hotel and I loved it. It's small and modern and was the perfect location for all the activities we had planned, it was within walking distance of some activities and there was a subway station right across the street that got us to the rest.







Karin and I shared a room and we got lucky and had a beautiful, big balcony attached to our room!



The morning after the majority of us got in, Karin was coming in a little later, we slept in a little bit to recover from our travel day and our late night, then headed to Serendipity III for brunch. I had been here when I visited Beth and Reece while they were living in the city one summer and loved it so much, I wanted to share it with the rest of the family. It is the cutest restaurant and has amazingly good food and drinks and is a New York icon.











We, of course, got a round of frozen hot chocolates, the drink that put Serendipities on the map. The fam didn't realize how big they were so they each got their own, and tried a variety of flavors. Beth and I shared the salted caramel flavor and it was a little on the salty side, I felt as if I was drinking the ocean, but the whipped cream helped dial down the saltiness.



I got stuffed french toast for brunch and it was divine, they do it right!



Their halloween decor was so fun!



We made sure to explore the rest of the restaurant before we left.





We had left the afternoon free for everyone to do what they wanted. Jenny and Mike went to explore the Met, this is their first trip to NYC! Mom and dad went to the airport to pick up Karin while the Madison's and I headed back to the hotel for a nap, we have a big night tonight and I wanted to make sure I had plenty of energy for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment