Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Country Music Hall of Fame


Nashville!! This part of the tour was what I had been looking forward to the most, I loved everything we had done up to this point, but it had been a dream of mine to go to Nashville and I was finally there! Our first stop in this famous city was the Country Music Hall of Fame for a lunch with a Nashville song writer.

Tony Arata is an American singer-songwriter, his best known song is "The Dance", a number-one U.S. country hit for Garth Brooks in 1990. Other artists who have recorded his songs include Suzy Bogguss, Lee Roy Parnell, Patty Loveless, Trisha Yearwood and Emmylou Harris He was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2012. Tony sang us a number of the songs he has written as well as told us his story of becoming a Nashville songwriter and what it's like working in the country music business. He was so nice and so down to earth, it was so much fun getting to spend some time with him!


Then it was time to tour the museum!





Webb Pierce's 1962 Pontiac Bonneville









Gotta love that Tim and Faith




There was a special exhibition on Blake Shelton. He's not my favorite country star, but I did enjoy a few of the items in his show...


...Like pictures of his epic mullet





We had tickets to see Brad Paisley perform at the Grand Ole Opry so I figured I should read up on him since I don't know much about him.



Oh the Dixie Chicks and their grungy late 90s/ early 2000s style


Be still my heart, bless Luke and that Georgia boy smile of his


And Dierks, one of my favorite performers of all time.


We didn't have too much time to explore everything the museum had to offer, we were in a hurry to make it to our appointment at the Mother Church of Country Music.



No comments:

Post a Comment