Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Saying Goodbye to Nashville



After spending the morning down on Broadway, we went back to the hotel to meet up with mom then took a spontaneous tour of the Capital building since it is right across the street from where we were staying. It's a gorgeous building!







Then it was back down to Broadway to eat at the well known Jack's BBQ for dinner. I was told by several people that eating at Jack's is one o the musts on the Nashville to do list, so we made sure to fit it in!




I love me a good BBQ sauce buffet, Jack's is famous for the white BBQ sauce, honestly I didn't think it tasted much like BBQ, more like ranch...? maybe...?



We sat out on the back patio where we had a perfect view of the Ryman and could hear the live performances going on at the Orchid Lounge next door.  The weather wad beautiful, just the right temperature with a slight breeze.




Then we strolled through downtown Nashville as the sun was setting, and got excellent views of the city at dusk. It was so lovely to not have a schedule to have to stick to, we could just take our time and enjoy all the sights and sounds. I have to admit, I sometimes find myself exhausted after a tour, there is just so much running around trying to stay on schedule. We see a lot that way, for sure, but every now and again it's nice to just have some time to breath and enjoy the moment.




We sat down across from the Country Music Hall of Fame and watched the sun go down and the lights turn on, it was a blissful moment in time. 

I made sure to wear my boots all day today, I just love them to pieces!


The CMHOF is quite the sight to see when it is all lit up at night!




My parents are adorable, I love traveling with them so much!


The next morning we woke up, had a wonderful breakfast and then said goodbye to the South, until next time! I have a feeling we will be seeing Nashville again very soon ...


No comments:

Post a Comment